Sunday, July 11, 2010

Tech Talk and tech drama

Well I have had yet another technical issue with my Dell laptop this week so what am I doing, I am blogging about it.  I think I am going to use my blogging as an opportunity to share some frustrating blue screen of death moments as well as other technical issues that come up in the course of trying to do my coursework online.

This week I went to do some work online and my computer crashed.  it was a fatal error message.    It took 3 days to get the problem resolved since initially it did not happen when I brought my laptop to the Help Desk to troubleshoot.  My laptop managed to somehow lose some key system files, but the good news is that it did not need to be reformatted.  Some files were reinstalled and I am now up and running. 

3 comments:

~Beth~ said...

OMG ~ I feel your pain with the blue screen of death. I had a new lab last year and I experienced that every day. Finally, in May, a Dell rep. came to my school and spent 3 days. They continually told me I did not have a problem and we would do a few trouble shooting steps. It would sometimes fix the problem but the blue screen of death ALWAYS returned. Hope you are up and running... Beth

Charissa said...

I am here with you. last week I had the blue screen of Death on my Dell desk top, and it spent a week in the Computer docs. I ended up having 145 virus on my computer. I am not into weird site. I facebook and do Lesley homework so I was shocked to see i had so many virus. I swear it is a scam. I hope everything is better now.

sstark said...

My Tech Support guy said to me "tongue in cheek" to stop going to weird sites. I don't go to weird sites!
My computer is all better but now I worry when anything goes wrong like I do when I have car problems!